Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Just Forget The World

First of all, I need to say a huge thank you to the ladies at the CASE study challenge blog for choosing my card as their winner this week - it is a huge honour!

This week's dare over at Daring Cardmakers' has been chosen by the very talented Samm and is based on a song;

Hi, It's Samm here, and I've set this week's challenge to use the song 'Chasing Cars' by Snow Patrol as the inspiration for your cards.

I toyed with a couple of ideas - one being a medically themed card as I pretty sure that this song was used in Grey's Anatomy but settled on picking a lyric;



I used
Bazzill Kraft cardstock
CraftsUPrint postcard
Graphics Fairy world map image
Ribbon Girl pins, button twine, lace and seam binding
Ikea tape measure
Nestabilities
Hand stitching
Inking
Button, Pearls and Flowers from stash

Don't forget to check out how the other DT members have interpreted this dare - they have made amazing cards!

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Congrats ob the win Jo
Love your Casing Cars card, it's fab

Lynda said...

Wow this is a stunner Jo

Love Lynda xxx

Mandy said...

Fab design Jo!

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Waw,, This card is sweet, pretty and nice,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Lythan said...

Congrats on your CASE achievement. This card is divine! I love the mix of printed images and buttons and lace - its a work of art!

Dolly Mixtures said...

I always look forward to see what clever way you'll interpret the dare and you never disappoint. This card is great. The globe is just perfect behind the lyrics.

Samm said...

As ever, this is totally stunning!!! I love it!!!

Samm
x

glitterangel said...

Great card - I love the way you've used the globe, yet still managed to create quite a feminine feel with the ribbon, flowers and pearls.