Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Wednesday Stamper - Flying Eye!

I found the Wednesday Stamper Site through Gillian's fantastic blog. They set a fun weekly challenge - The theme can be interpreted in any way but it must include a form of stamping - be it rubber, foam, clear etc. Now.... if you have read any of my previous posts about stamping, it just does not agree with me, or I don't agree with it lol. I really wanted to give this a go though - this week's theme is 'The eyes have it!' and... also made my first ATC at the same time!!! I caught a little bit of crafting on QVC this week whilst Jared was napping and was reliably informed by Dawn Bibby that the next big craft thing is gonna be 'Punk' So I made this...


It does have straight lines IRL :)
I made the background using Word and WC Rhesus A Bta font, Stamped over the top of this with Black Ink (although it came out kinda grey!) using a clear Fiskars stamp. The eye is free clip art and I added wings using el&font gohtic! font, printed them using a high ink setting and sprinkled embossing powder as soon as they came out the printer, set using a heat gun. The same font was used for the 'flying eye' writing, added some white handmade paper and scraps of tartan paper. Hand stitching and inked edges, Added a safety pin and eyelet and then suddenly thought that maybe ATC's are supposed to be flat so in an inspired moment, flattened the ATC with my Sizzix machine and converter....

So there it is, my first ATC and Wednesday Stamper Challenge. Not being sure what to do with it now, I am offering it as a little bit of blog candy - My first too :) I have also cut out some big scalloped squares and circles and some cuttle bug chipboard to go with it...

If you would like it, leave a comment, telling me whether or not you think that Punk is gonna be big - or what other trends we are gonna see in the near future :) Leave a comment by the end of Tuesday and I will get one of the little ones to pull a name out of the proverbial hat on Wednesday...

TFL :)

jo xx

25 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh what a great first attempt Jo! I love looking at other crafters ATC's but haven't had a go at one yet.
I think we can safely say that now that you have done 'Punk' it's bound to be the next big thing!!

Love the tartan and safety pin - takes me back to my youth!!!

Allison Rankin said...

Ooo...punk is kinda scary...I sure couldn't do it justice!

Anonymous said...

looks great. I love it!!!

Em said...

I've seen on other sites thatpunk is "in" - but I'm not really sure I get it iykwim...

Love this ATC - so different from your usual style - that must be hard, so well done you.

Apollox said...

What a great artwork, a wonderful ATC, like it very much!

Gillian said...

Woooohoooo Jo You Rock at PUNK!!!!
This is BRILLIANT!!!!.. LURVE IT!!!...
Hey I'm all for Punk, Grunge & Industria love it's edgy look!...

And I reckon anyone who hasn't enjoyed it's look will after seeing the flying eye!!!

Lythan said...

well I never thought I'd be able to use a bin bag on my card - but maybe now I can if punk is in. I look forward to seeing what the Bibbster does with it....

carmel said...

pretty darn cool or what punkster! love it! anythings goes when it comes to ATC's I particularly like the wings and would like more info on how you created them. Cheers, Carmel

Kate said...

I wouldn't have said punk was in but now I've seen your ATC I think its a hit. What next?.....Goth!

Anonymous said...

Amazing piece. Love it!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful work.

Creative Treasures said...

Fantastic first attempt, im not sure that i really get punk, but you never know what the next trend will be!
Tracy x

artfulstampin said...

Punk is in? Oh well, as long as people are creative who cares lol. I like your take on the punk theme.

Anonymous said...

really great idea!!!!

*Jeanne* said...

Okay Jo.. I have been admiring your work for such a long time now... I going to finally out myself. Your creations are just complete incredible EYE CANDY! I am loving your blog. I am looking down your list of friends and I see we have a lot of the same people in common. So may I add you to my links?

Waving from across the pond...

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo,
I looove the card! I have 2 boys aged 10 and 13 and this would pass as a "cool" card!! "Emo" or "Goth" will hopefully be the next big thing as that would solve a lot of teenage card problems for me!

keinname said...

IST das toll! Eine goßartige Idee...greatful idea, Jo...and with so many little things...

BondGirl said...

Fab ATC Jo!

as forpunkbeing big, could be there is alot of pinkand skully scrapbook ranges around at the moment. I think this year the move will be towards a more retro quick and simple look

Anonymous said...

Maybe punk will take off - those people who were part of the original scene must be getting nostalgic as they hit middle age!

Great stuff Jo. The slightly 'squashed' look fits the theme perfectly :)

Anonymous said...

Not sure if punk will be "in", but I love your take on the punk look. I hope it will be as the look is great for teenage cards, "goth" "punk" and "grunge" looks are winners. Brilliant ATC, I have yet to do one myself.

gaby braun said...

I like the way you use the fonta. It looks vry different and modern.
gaby

Esther said...

oo punk? hmm not sure!? think ethnic might be in seen a lot of oriental stuff so may be ethnic desgins? thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Hi - Great work on the ATC. I think Punk could work as there's been so much glitter, bling and flowers around we all may just want to rebel a little! www.scrapsidaisy.typepad.com

Dymphie said...

love that flying eye!

Oblibby said...

I love it to bits, Jo. Can't beat punk - my fave look of all time - god I wish I was younger again.

xoxo