Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Anniversary Waltz

The lovely Lythan dared us this week;

'This week, my turn (Lythan) to choose the dare falls on my wedding anniversary. We've now been married so long we don't have a gift name associated as we are supposed to be saving up for Silver... Actually the first year we were married we forgot to buy cards for each other at all. So this year I thought I would help myself remember by having
Happy Anniversary
as the theme. It doesn't have to be Wedding Anniversary, it could be Anniversary of Adoption, moving house - whatever comes to mind!'


I combined Lythan's anniversary theme with the Polka Dot Tea Party theme from The Shabby Tea Room and I made this;



I used;
Rather old but still very nice Crate Paper paper
A smidgen of OA (October Afternoon) paper
Papermania Die cut
Wild Orchid Flowers
Cosmo Cricket letters (trimmed a spare letter for the apostrophe)
Sizzix frame die
Bazzill brad
Papermania pearl and eyelet
Staples
Handmade Portuguese lace
Ikea paper string
Hand stitching and inking.

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, its just scrumptious and beautiful. :)

Vanessa x

Lynda said...

Wow Jo what a pretty card!

Love Lynda xxx

Debbie said...

This is GORGEOUS, Jo!!! I {heart} every single element you incorporated into your design! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us all in the Tea Room this week :)

Kathy said...

Fab card, Jo - so much to see in there, love all the details and the gorgeous lace

jodpea said...

Thankyou! :)

Rika said...

Beautiful, the pepers and flowers work so well together!

Lythan said...

its just PERFECT Jo - one of my faves :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Very cute card. Love the design here. That stack of teacups is adorable and I really like how you did the sentiment. thanks for playing along with us in the Tea room.

Diane Louise J said...

I love your card, its gorgeous
Diane x

Traceyr said...

Loving the choice of colours on this one and the cup and saucers. :)