Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Wishi Washi

Two cards today!  The first is for my challenge over at Daring Cardmakers' to use Washi tape on a card;


I used American Crafts Washi Tape to make a flower and teamed it with a mix of Ruby Rock-it papers and journalling cards, American Crafts fabric paper, Ribbon Girl ribbon, netting and flowers, Basic Grey rub ons, staples, Spellbinders leaf die, Papermania gems and hand stitching.

I love Washi tape, it's fab as an accent or to make embellishments with, as a background, or in place of ribbon.  If you don't have any, you can still join in with some home made Washi style tape using tracing paper, parchment or tissue paper combined with double sided tape - my mini tut. is here showing how to create your own.

The Design Team have been creative with Washi Tape and have made some gorgeous cards - you can see their designs here :)

My Second card has more Washi tape, as accents and was made for the challenge on the Ruby Rock-it blog to use this picture taken from their new Vintedge collection as inspiration;


I used the colours from the photo and this is my card;


I used a mix of Ruby Rock-it and Papermania Portobello Road papers, OA die cuts, rub on and sticker, Spellbinders dies, Papermania Ribbon, peg from stash, Washi Tape from here and here. Papermania stamp and hand stitching.

TFL!


10 comments:

Rika said...

Gorgeous cards Jo,
I love both.

Sue said...

gorgeous cards - I am loving The Ruby Rocket paper never heard of it before looks fab

Mandy said...

Gorgeous cards Jo, love your use of Washi Tape!

xx

Kit said...

beautiful cards, love everything about them, the patterned paper, the colours, the embellishments...everything fits together superbly.

Lythan said...

These cards are just so original. You are one classy cardmaker Jo! thanks for a brilliant dare

Paula J Atkinson said...

Hi Jo, I was struggling for a fresh idea for a card when i saw your article in issue 93 SC&P. I made two versions of Birthday Wishes one bold & one with a spring palette both were well received, thank you for coming to my rescue!!

Ribbon Girl said...

Both are just lovely Jo - my favourite is the thinking of you, via air mail, love the way you've used the colours! Mary G

Sandy Ang said...

Love both of your cards. That washi tape flower is inspired !

Zuzana Obert said...

Jo,you are the queen of all washi tapes:0) your cards are absolutely gorgeous.I love them!

Zuz. x x

Natty said...

Jo your cards always cheer me up - they are just so bright and vibrant. Who wouldn't want to have a bunch of these lined up on their mantelpiece eh???
Mind you I am still lusting after that chevron paper. {sigh}
Would some kind manufacturer out there release just one pad of chevron paper in 20 or so colours, just to make me happy? Please!