Pages

Friday, January 12, 2007

Raid Your Wardrobe!...

...was the challenge from Lythan this week!

'This week I want you to get some inspiration from your clothes. Look through the wardrobe, drawers (or washing piles in my case). Are there any patterns that inspire you? A certain way the clothes are put together? You can echo the patterns in some way or even scan your clothes in! OR use something that would go on clothing on your card.'

My initial idea involved a whole heap of denim and lots of stitching but time was against me :( So I give you this card....




Inspired by my love of pink - I do have a number of pink garments :) so not inspired by one piece in particular and I used a zip as these are most commonly found on clothes...

Zip from a charity shop, 'lush' Blush Basic Grey and giftwrap paper from Paperchase, Cuttlebug cut chipboard flower with hand writing, letter stickers are from QVC, flower was free with an order last year, I think from Papermaze. clip from Carolyns, photo turns from Skybluepink, Brads, eyelet, wire and ribbon all from stash! A little bit of doodling and lots of inking to finish.

This week, the wonderful Gillian joined us darers as a Design Team member. Woohoo! It is so fab to have her on board with us, she makes the most amazing cards and scrapbook layouts. *Welcomes Gillian*

As usual all the Design Team have made the most fantabulous cards. They are all here. Have a go at raiding your wardrobe and let us know what you create!


11 comments:

Lythan said...

Oooh I hadn't noticed the zip! How inventive!

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Very cute! I like the zip too - had only thought of buttons till I saw your card. The zipper and the flower peeking over it gives the card a bit of a cheeky message, I think!

Kathy said...

Great card Jo, the zip looks fab and the colours are just gorgeous.

Jane said...

oh so cool ! I love the zip idea- I have a few of those laying around- I never thought to use them on a card ! lovely colours JO !

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

OMG!! THIS Is A GORGEOUS card! I just love this, the colors the flower everything!!! TFS!!!

Bety.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Love the zip idea. I am struggling with my mojo right now I am sick of using flowers on my cards they are looking samey!!

These preview boxes you got going on here are fab.

artfulstampin said...

Gorgeous colours! I love the way we can be inspired my the seemingly mundane!

Gillian said...

Jo this is completely gorgeous....
I love how you have used the zip.. these colours look amazing together...

Rhi said...

I love what you've done with the zip, fantastic! Another fab Jo creation :)
Rhi x

Holli said...

Thats really great!

Lynne said...

Another fab card Jo.