Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

Favorite Things

Kathy set this week's dare - the 1st dare of the 4th year of Daring Cardmakers!

It's me (Kathy) here with a challenge this week and as we're still in celebratory mood I thought we should have as much fun as possible and make a card to share and show our most favourite crafting bits and pieces.

"These are a Few of My Favourite Things"

This is a chance to go mad with the papers, embellishments, tools and styles you really love to use.
I'd like you to use at least 5 of your own personal favourite things on your card this week - if you can make it 10 then you can claim our DCM Gold Star - virtual, of course lol.
If you can't bear to give it away when it's full of all those treasured goodies, then make the card for yourself - you can always stick it up on your wall and enjoy seeing it every day!


So me not reading the dare properly made a card with 5 of the same thing on, which are one of my favorites; buttons! I then read the dare properly and realised that there are at least 10 of my favorite things on the card - it all worked out ok in the end!


I used;
5 buttons - Basic Grey, Doodlebug, Scenic Route
Rub ons - Melissa Frances
Patterned paper - Doodlebug
Cardstock - Bazzill
Ink - Tseukineko
Eyelets - Papermania
String - Ikea
Kraft card
Ribbon - Bazzill
Flowers - Prima
Image - Tigerfrogg
Floss - DMC

Lythan set the last dare of our 3rd year of Daring Cardmakers last week;

I can see clearly now
and I would love to see something clear on your card. It could be an acetate card, an acetate embellishment, a window cut in the card, clingfilm, OHP sheet, Mirror fragments - anything that shows that your card is clearly one of the best!


Acetate and clear stuff not being one of my favorite things! I made this;


Using a card bag to make a big rosette style flower!
Cardstock - Doodlebug
Paper - Cosmo Cricket
Flowers - Sizzix (cut from vintage paper)
Gems - Karen Foster
Ink - Colorbox
Ribbon - May Arts
Letter Stickers - Jenni Bowlin

TFL :)

6 comments:

fimo said...

I will give it a go!

I am intending on getting the DCM Gold Star!

Lynda said...

Absolutely Fabulous cards Jo - both of them.

Love Lynda xxx

Kathy said...

Both fantastic cards and so very "Jo"
I was about to give you a nudge about your lack of blogging so you got these up just in time to avoid it! lol

Victoria said...

oh wow these are both fab - I lurve that lil ghost = how cute is she?

Victoria
x

Lythan said...

A-MAZ-ing cards as ever Jo. I just love your style:)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning. :) Love them both.

Vanessa.