Pages

Monday, May 03, 2010

Easel Does It!

Paula set an amazing dare this week at DCM;

This weeks challenge is to make an easel card. There's a big clue in the title, huh?
They are so very popular at the moment but I'm hoping at least some of you will be up for my extra "sting in the tail" to this Dare - I don't want it to be too easy, you know....what I'd really love is to see what type of shape (other than a square) you can come up with using the basic Easel card idea.


My first ever easel card and it took way longer than I though it would (not used to so much measuring I think, even after selectively ignoring the part about a different shape...!), it turned out like this;



I used;
Bazzill cardstock
Webster's Pages and Prima Marketing papers
Lots of flowers (!)
Prima Marketing trim
Vinnie Pearce butterflies from 2Peas
Hand Stitching and inking

TFL!

13 comments:

Ruthie said...

Fab as always Jo. The first time I did an easel card it also took me ages to work out the measurements and how to put it together. (I've since adapted them for a quick fix.)

I can't believe your stitching is by hand, it's so neat. I tried machine stitching a card yesterday (also for the DCM dare) and ended up thinking I had broken my sewing machine which I've only had week. Think I'll be 'pen' stitching from now on as it's a lot safer!.

Ruthie x

Anonymous said...

WOW totally gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I am in awe of this easel card so much detail it is delicious. I would love to have been on the receiving end of this card. Thankyou for showing us this and the inspiration to try one though it wont be as nice as this
HUGS
shar

Lythan said...

Is it a bit lumpy when folded? :) Fab,fab card!

Lisa G. said...

STUNNING card! xo Lisa

Kathy said...

OH WOW!!!!! this is a work of art Jo. Just when I think you can't possibly get any better you go and do something like this

Anonymous said...

Just stunning!!

Carole said...

It may have taken a long time, but it was worth it, stunning card, I love it!
Carole x

Rika said...

Gorgeous card Jo!

Lynda said...

OMG Jo this is totally stunning - every detail is amazing and I absolutely love it!

Love Lynda xxx

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

It's fabulous, I love the colours, love the design, and I think it's amazing for your first attempt at an easel card. This challenge was the first time I'd made one too, but I can see I'm going to be making more now!

Susie Little said...

I cant believe I am the only person to have commented on this card.........

Jo this is amazing absolutely stunning! Full of my favourite things.........lace, pink, green and butterflies!

Susie xx

JoAnn said...

Hello Jo, my name is Jo. Well you will see JoAnn but my family calls me Jo. I love this card!!!! You did a great job it is beautiful!!! This is the first time I have saw your blog and I truly don't know how I got here but I will be a follower now and I'll be dropping in more often. I love the butterfly and all the flowers!!! All the layers give it so much interest. It is beautiful!