Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

It's all about me!

This week's DCM dare has been chosen by the very talented Asia;

This week it's Asia here and I would like you to make a card for... yourself! Use your special papers (the ones that you stash away for Queen's birthday and you know you won't use them anyway, because they're too pretty), your favourite stamps and embellishments. Make a card that will stay with you and write inside something that has a meaning to you, that gives you power and energy. Make a card, that you've never got.

I don't seem to have much time to make cards for fun at the moment so this was a brilliant dare - I teamed it with Laura's final sketch over at 2sketches4you. I will be sad to see 2sketches go - Kazan and Laura have been so inspiring and when I have had time have loved to create using their sketches - I thought that it would be fun to join in one last time.

I made this;



using BG Curio papers and chip stickers
Ribbon Girl Baker's twine, seam binding, sticky tape (their tape is so sticky and fab for ruffled ribbon) and button
paper flowers
vintage manuscript
OA rub on
hand stitching and inking.

You can see all the other gorgeous cards that the DCM DT have made here.

TFL!

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card Jo - loving what you do with all the vintage looking stuff.

Lynda said...

Very pretty!

Love Lynda xxx

Unknown said...

unique card!!!

Lythan said...

What a delightful card Jo. I love the ruffled ribbon. Hope you have more time for "fun" creating soon!

Laura Davis said...

Gasp... this is sooo beautiful!
Thank you for playing at 2S4Y
Laura

Zuzana Obert said...

It is fabulous card, extreeemly beautiful! I love the vintage look and the gorgeous colour combination.

Zuzana x x

PS: thanks for your lovely comment

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog- really love your style - this card is stunning!!

Дарья said...

Beautiful card!
Красивая открытка, птички очень симпатичные!