Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Darlin' BUGS of May

Late this week due to naughty blogger with my card for this week's brilliant Daring Cardmakers dare - chosen by the super talented Lynda, it is;

The Darlin' BUGS of May
I'd like to see some BUGS eg ladybirds, bees, spiders, caterpillars, butterflies, dragonflies - it would be lovely to see them taking centre stage on your card or be used as a lovely embellishment but I won't accept them if they're just printed onto your backing papers as that wouldn't be a challenge at all!


and here is my card complete with a buggy font, butterfly, ant and bees.



I used;
Sassafras Lass papers from Sarah's Cards
A journaling card as a backing paper from CraftsUPrint
A Bug's Life font from Dafont
Ribbon Girl pins
Abakhan material
Quickutz ant
Basic Grey bees
Cuttlebug Butterfly
Hand stitching and Inking.

My Daring Cardmaker teamies have created a magnificent display of mini beasts - You can check out all of their cards here

Have a fab weekend!

7 comments:

Mandy said...

What a great title and theme! Fab card Jo.

glitterangel said...

Fabulous card - I love that journaling background, and I bet you're the only one to feature an ant!

Lythan said...

love the rainbow! this is such a super cute card (as ever!)

Lynda said...

I absolutely adore this card Jo

Love Lynda xxx

Blueangel Crafts said...

Just love the colours and layers on this card!

Dolly Mixtures said...

Clever to have used the bug theme for a get well soon card. A lovely whimsical card.

Sandy O said...

Ohhhhh, I love the flowers on the butterfly, how unique. The papers and colors are so perfect.