I was lucky enough to be sent this gorgeous biscuit tin from DotComGiftShop;
I love the retro loveliness of the tin and these will be fantastic filled with cakes or my personal favourites, biscuits :D
This is one of my most loved recipes;
1 pound unsalted butter
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
2 1/4 cups packed light-brown sugar
4 large eggs
3 cups plus 2 tablespoons plain flour
3 cups white bread flour
1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 pounds dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to Gas mark 3. Line baking sheets with baking paper.
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add both flours, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, and chocolate; mix until well combined.
- Scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until lightly browned, but still soft, about 20 minutes for larger cookies and about 15 minutes for smaller cookies.
- Cool slightly on baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
If you're heading over to the DotComGiftShop, I spotted these lovelies too;
These would look fab instead of ribbon on a card or parcel and of course, made into chains :D