Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Old But Not Forgotten

Sharon set the dare this week at Daring Cardmakers;

I want you to think back to your very first crafty purchases and try and use something

Old but not forgotten

Have a look through your stash and see what you can find - maybe you've still got some of the very first stamp sets you bought, or if you're like me, you've still got papers and embellishments because you hate to throw anything away.

When I first started cardmaking, I used a lot of both peel offs and printed sentiments, the peel offs are luckily long gone from my stash but I still like to dabble with printed sentiments (mainly because I was, and still am, an amateur when it comes to using stamps!

For this dare, I created this image using Photoshop and a mix of Rhesus fonts and this Kal Barteski font;



and then I made it into this card;


I also used Studio Calico and Basic Grey papers, Pink Paislee chipboard, Freckled Fawn enamel dot, Spellbinders die-cut leaves, Papermania tag and flower, Papermania cardstock and a really vintage felt flower that I purchased when I first started my foray into cardmaking :)

The DT have also been looking through their stash archives and you can see their amazing creations on the Daring Cardmakers' blog :)

1 comment:

Kathlene said...

Wowza! Color esploshun ta die for....Love your beautiful card. Yes, I have eyelets and a special ancient favorite, Lasting Impressions Matte Mini Brads. Still use 'em from time to time. Thanks for sharing your talent.