Pages

Friday, April 18, 2014

Egg Easel Card

Kathy dared us this week with this dare;

Another Dimension 

  not Time Warps, Little Green Men from Mars, or anything else 
"other-world"
  I just don't want to see any flat, regular sort of cards this week - instead I'd like to see lots of interesting folds and shapes; Stepper cards, Card in a Box, Pyramids, Flip-it type cards..... Anything goes as long as the finished, standing-up card is more 3D than 2D. 

I tend to always make flat cards - mainly as I seem to get in a little bit of a pickle when it comes to making anything that requires precise measuring!  So I made an easel card, it does have an extra fold compared to a normal card so I'm sure that it fits the bill!


I used Lots of October Afternoon, Tattered Lace Dies, paper flowers and frame from stash, Buttons from here and Lace Ribbon and Button Twine from The Ribbon Girl.  The scallops are created from a mini Docraft circle punch and I added chalk ink and hand stitching.

I'm also entering this card into;

TFL - and have a very Happy Easter :)




6 comments:

Viv said...

What a gorgeous Easter card Jo, I love it :) Viv xx

Diane said...

Love your beautiful egg shaped card!! Thank you for joining us this week at "The Shabby Tea Room" for our "Easter Sweetness" challenge!!
Diane TSTR DT

Lyds said...

A beautiful Easter card Jo....thank you for joining in our very first Tattered Lace challenge. Good luck x

Lydia x
Tattered Lace DT

Lenet said...

Beautiful card love the cute little bunnies in the postage frame , thank you for joining us at the Shabby Tearoom .
Have a happy easter.

debbie said...

Really lovely card Jo, thank you for entering the Tattered Lace challenge and good luck :) Debbie Stevens Tattered Lace DT

Polkadoodles said...

too stinking cute, adorable! Thanks for joining us at http://challenge.tatteredlace.co.uk/