Pages

Friday, April 17, 2015

Something Green... and pointy... and Arrow-y

Nat dared us this week at Daring Cardmakers' - her dare is inspired by her current TV obsession: Arrow :)

This is my card;


I used Heidi Swapp and BG papers, Crate Paper arrow sticker with added ProMarker colouring, L'il Inker die from Make the Day Special and a computer generated sentiment.

the children;


inform me that the stars are a bit Marvel rather than DC :)

and here are the details of the challenge;

My challenge to you is to feature arrows on your card this week. They are a very current design trend in the crafting industry right now - lots of stamps, dies, papers are featuring arrows.

I would love to see you whether you can interpret anything else from Arrow into your cards - like the colour green (as Oliver Queen knows, it's not easy being green), a nod to the Starling city skyline, comic book super heroes, Felicity Smoak's iconic glasses, somehow getting the word Sinceriously on your card...


Whatever you go with, there has to be at least one arrow on your card!

You can see the DT's brilliant Arrow inspired cards on the Daring Cardmakers' blog :)

also entering this card into Make the Day Special's April Challenge, Tic Tac Toe;


To use a line of items from the grid - I went diagonal and used stripes, circles and Metallic :)

TFL!

7 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

oh strangly enough as soon as i saw this in my blog list the programme came to mind and then read it was the inspiration. i guess you got it spot on

Lythan said...

I'm not entirely sure that baby J is too concerned :) (Adorable pic). I love your take on the dare and think that Oliver Queen would be more than happy to have been the inspiration

Natty said...

Oh Jo - I totally loved this card when I first saw it! It really made me think there was a bit of a friendly Marvel/DC mash-up going on what with the Captain America stylin' shield/target and the fantastic Green Arrow! Awesome indeed!

victoria h said...

great mix of patterns on your cool card

Kate said...

This is a very cool card and love that gold die cut sentiment, it really pops :) Thanks for playing along at Make the day special stamp store.
Kate xx

Keren Baker said...

Jo - this is stunning! Trust the kids to point out what's what ( mine do exactly the same!) Thanks for joining in with the MTDS challenge X

Tara Cardwell said...

This is a great card - would appeal to my comic loving husband!
Thanks for playing along at Make the Day Special Stamp Store.
Tara