Pages

Friday, May 09, 2014

A Game of Two Halves

It was my turn to dare this week at Daring Cardmakers';


I chose this dare mainly because we view a lot of football in our house - and as an added bonus, we have the World Cup this year too!

I made this;


I used Crate Paper papers, MFT hexagon die, Kesi'art heart die, Studio Calico, Melissa Frances and October Afternoon rub ons, Pebbles washi tape and a paperclip.

and then I made this one too :)


using Basic Grey papers, Tattered Lace football die, Promarker coloured wooden embellishments from stash, Ribbon Girl roses, a Basic Grey Candy Button and more hand stitching.

I'm adding this one to the current Tattered Lace challenge 'Romance and Roses' as die hard fans do seem to have a love affair with their favourite team...

and Virginia's fabulous stitching challenge @ Virginia's View.



6 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous creations, Jo! I love the extra stitching around the football die as it adds such an great impact to the design! Thank you SEW much for playing Virginia's View Challenge!

Lythan said...

Your cards are incredible Jo. I love the embedded honeycomb take on a football and the mix of floral/football on the second card. Your stitching is always so neat!

Anonymous said...

Love it, a great twist on the theme. Thanks for joining in the Tattered Lace challenge.
Gail TL blog challenge DT

Traceyr said...

Great football cards Jo - I love them. :)

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Only you could get away with flowers and a football on the same card and make it work! Brilliant cards!

Svenja said...

I'm totally in love with your first card! I am very fond of hexagons but I just didn't think of just using the ball-pattern as a main motive. It's awsome! And the red and craft colours add some nice touches, too.